The Tuesday Twelve: 12 Things You Might (Not) Know About Me

In the interest of letting you all get to know me a little better... I decided to post some things you may (or may not) know about me. :)
  1. I have a hard time finishing what I start.
    This goes for everything from unfinished crochet projects (how many hundreds of those have there been?) to-- well-- blogging, for instance. I started my first blog when I was twelve. And it worked-- for a while. When I realized I hadn't posted in two years, I made another. And another. And another, and... I think you get the point. :) I always mean to post more often than I do, but other things always seem to get in the way. Which is sad, because I really love blogging.
  2. I love thrift-store shopping.
    I think like 90% of my wardrobe and the majority of our decorations are from thrift stores. Hey, it saves money! And there's something exciting about finding something you really love for so cheap... :)
  3. I am addicted to notebooks.
    No, seriously. My husband always teases me about this. Most kids, when grocery shopping with their parents, ask for toys. I asked for notebooks. And most of the time, Daddy caved and got me one. So maybe it's his fault I have a notebook obsession. ;)
    This isn't even half of them!
  4. I have never been camping-- or fishing-- or hunting.
    Before you feel too sorry for me, remember-- I am a missionary kid and I have had all kinds of adventures. That's probably why we didn't do these things-- too busy doing all the other awesome stuff I experienced growing up. Like eating guinea pig. But that's a story for another time. :)
  5. I was an absolutely adorable kid.
    Those of you who have known me since then already knew this. But just *look* at me! Soooo cute! (And I knew it, too.) I would twirl around in front of the mirror, saying "I'm soooooo cute!" Mostly because that's what everybody told me, so it must be true!

  6. I HATE it when people ask me where I'm from.
    Because I don't know how to answer it. If you ask where I was born, I can answer that. Or where I call home, I could (probably) answer that. But it's just too much work to explain that (Deeeeeeeeep Breath!) "I-was-born-in-North-Carolina-but-we-moved-to-Iowa-when-I-was-one-and-moved-to-Utah-when-I-was-three-and-my-parents-worked-at-summer-camp-but-then-they-felt-God-calling-them-to-foreign-missions-so-we-went-to-language-school-in-Texas-when-I-was-nine-and-went-back-to-UT-for-a-few-months-then-moved-to-Ecuador-when-I-was-ten-and-then-went-back-to-Utah-for-a-year-when-I-was-fourteen-and-then-we-moved-to-a-new-city-in-Ecuador-and-then-I-went-to-college-in-West-Virginia-for-a-year-and-then-I-went-back-to-Ecuador-and-got-married-and-we-waited-for-a-year-and-a-half-and-now-my-husband-and-I-live-in-Wyoming..."  It just doesn't roll off the tongue nicely or fit in one breath. So. Just... don't ask me where I'm from. I'll probably just say "I don't know."
  7. I love being a big sister.
    All 3 of my younger sisters are special and important to me... I have a unique relationship with each of them, and I don't know what I would do without them. I love being their protector,
    playmate, story-reader, confidante, and so much more. :')
    So... it's old, and super silly, but it's so... us.
  8. I learned to read when I was four.
    And I have loved it ever since. Some days it seems like you can't get me to put the book down. In elementary school one year, I read over a hundred books in one summer.
  9. I like to write poetry.
    Sometimes I can express myself better in rhyme than I can in prose. I don't know how it works, but it does. It's a way to understand what I am feeling and maybe why I am feeling it.
  10. I love having all the seasons,
    In Ecuador, we pretty much just have two-- the rainy season and the not-quite-as-rainy season. It is so wonderful to get to experience all the seasons again-- the chill of winter and hush of newly fallen snow, the sound of robins chirping and yellow daffodils popping up in the spring, the lull of crickets chirping at night in the summer, and the crisp air and warm, earthy smells of fall (and apples and cinnamon and caramel and pumpkin!).


  11.  I hate it when people walk slow right in front of me.
    It's probably my number one pet peeve, especially if I can't get around them and have to come to almost a dead stop to try to avoid stepping on their heels.
  12. I am truly, incredibly blessed. 
    I have a wonderful, loving family-- parents that set a godly example for me to follow, a husband who loves and cherishes me, 3 little sisters who adore me, and our unborn little C.J. waiting for me in Heaven. I have a God who loves me unconditionally and beyond anything I could ever imagine. I am so thankful.

Now you know a little more about me! I would love to learn a bit more about you... what are some weird or interesting things about you? What are some of your idiosyncrasies, the things that make you uniquely-- you? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

Ashley Lluay, Lightchaser

Comments

  1. Ashley, you are a blessing to your mama's heart. Ever since that day you stomped into the kitchen at Pioneer Bible Camp, mad as a hornet because you DID ask Jesus to be your Savior and why DIDN'T you get a black balloon?!?!?! I'll never forget the look on Grandpa Lott's face -- we were trying to hold it together but our hearts were rejoicing. :) Since that day I've seen you grow and stumble and get up again and love and learn and seek and find... you challenge me, encourage me, and love me unconditionally. What more could a mama's heart as for?

    Thrift-store shopping and notebook hoarding -- you get those from me, but I love how you blame the notebook thing on Daddy! haha Your love of reading and singing and crafts, too, comes from those things the Lord allowed me to instill in you at an early age -- I'm so thankful those roots now run deep in you! And you know my love for the seasons ... it speaks to my heart and soul in a way nothing else can. But best of all ... #11 ... AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!! My number one pet peeve!! You learned this from me, too, I'm afraid! haha And last but definitely not least, I, too, am blessed. I'm blessed to be your mom, and best of all, your friend. I love you truly and deeply with all that I am. It's a joy to be able to say that I am...

    Your mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the seasons thing! I grew up in a four season place (Oregon) and then went to college in a two season place (Southern California, where there's the hot season and the warm season). And then I lived in a four season place in Turkey and moved to a two season place here again.
    I loved getting to read your down-to-earth writing here and get to know you better! Thanks for taking the time to share yourself and all the wisdom God has filled you with.
    Love and hugs,
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts